Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Movies and Emotions on Family

     Today we rented a few Redbox movies and watched one with the kids. I crocheted a few rows on our blanket while watching the movie. We have basically had a lazy "hang out at home" day. Tomorrow will be a bit more busy. We are going to the homeschool group weekly park day to let the kids socialize with other kids for a few hours. We are planning on running into the large Hispanic grocery store because they have a sale on chicken legs for like 79 cents a pound. I am planning on making mashed potatoes and veggies to go along with them. We are also planning on taking the kids to see a movie. Caleb won 2 free movie tickets a few weeks ago, so it will be less costly, plus I got the movie candy for the kids from Walmart to take to the movie, instead of buying their expensive candy. You can get a box of the same candy or chocolate for 98 cents what you would pay $4.00 at the theater for. We usually get a few sodas and a popcorn, so they still make a bit of money off us, only because I can't sneak that stuff in.
     My clothing lots on Ebay all have bids but one lot, so most of them will be being mailed off on Friday, along with our absentee ballots. Right now the bids are around $5.50 per lot, but hopefully this last 19 hours will be where I will see the move increase in price. I could really use the money to put towards some new winter clothes for the kids. Unlike most kids, my kids just don't have all the grandparents who fork out money or time with my kids to take them shopping. Sometimes, I feel a bit jealous and cheated by hearning about others parents taking them out shopping and doing all this fun stuff with their grandkids, but I suppose such is life. Two of my children's grandparents aren't alive anymore and the other two have nothing to do with them at all. My kids are quite cheated, but I can only hope that they don't know that. My own grandmother, their great grandmother, tries to fill in the gaps that remain for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment