Friday, October 19, 2012

Learning to knit again, crocheting along, and Homeschool Halloween Party

     I was just retaught how to knit a basic stitch and cast on yesterday by my friend at park day, Stephanie. She even loaned me a ball of yarn and connected needles to practice with. :) I am also excited about next park day with the homeschool group here because we are having a Halloween party. We will all be bring a potluck item and a bag of candy to pass out to the kids who will be "trick or treating" to each parent. They are also going to be doing various crafts and games. My kids are really excited because they get to go in their costumes.
     I plan on knitting at least one or two rows each night for practice so that I don't forget. Then working a while on our crocheted blanket, which is coming along great. I cannot wait until I get good enough to knit socks and fingerless gloves, which we will be able to use a lot in Northern California. It is usually pretty chilly by the coast and those are quite expensive to purchase at the store completely knitted.
    We went to see the Black Knight yesterday afternoon at the cheap theater. We hadn't been to see a movie in a while so it was really nice. Then we went next door to the large Hispanic grocery store because they had a one day sale on chicken legs. We got like 10 pds. of chicken legs to BBQ for like $8. We had mashed potatoes and salad wedges along with them. It was yum, plus a really nice meal on a budget. We also have a bunch of chicken legs leftover, although I am not much of a meat person, unless it is homemade burgers or porterhouse steak, which is the best. Although, porterhouse is quite pricey, so we cannot do that too often.
     So, I am including a picture of my beginnings of my knitting and what I have completed on my blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment