Monday, October 22, 2012

Halloween treat prep, San Francisco?, Ebay stuff, and Knitting

      Today we got the kid's homeschool group Halloween treat bags ready that we are gonna pass out. We got cute Halloween pencils, erasers, candy, and glow bracelets to hand out in little paper Halloween bags. We have also cleaned up outside and put the summer-time plants away, due to their beginnings of seasonal death. Christian contacted another traveling agency today. He said they have jobs in San Francisco that we may be interested in taking in a few weeks. The contract here in Southern California is over Dec.1st.
      Today we had dinner while watching the debates and then I cleaned up the kitchen. Now we are just having a few glasses of wine and I'm fixing to read to the kids before they get tucked into bed. Christian isn't feeling well today. He has been complained that his jaw is hurting since this morning and he turned down steak this evening, which tells me that it must be really painful, because he loves steak.
     I mailed off the 1st package sold on Ebay today of the kid's clothes. The 2nd was paid via an e-check so that one will be mailed off later this week. The women's clothing couldn't be mailed off because I discovered that it would take several boxes to fit it all in and that would cause me to actually lose money, which I would never agree to do, so I refunded their payment and explained the situation.
     I am continuing to practice my knitting each night and seem to get a bit more comfortable with it each day. It can be difficult with my OCD because I seemed to have skipped one stitch early in the job and every time I notice or think about it, it bothers me, but I have not restarted the entire thing, but continue to press on and practice more, telling myself that I am not making anything special, but only practicing. I have to press on if I plan to learn about the knit socks and fingerless gloves in the near future. Both those items would be wonderful to be able to knit for use in Northern California, whether it be Eureka or San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment