Monday, October 15, 2012

Halloween Decor and Pumpkin Bread

     Today I was planning on taking the kids to a few thrift stores around the city. Well, that was kind of a flop because the few thrift stores that I found were so creepy with bar all over their windows and punk guys hanging around outside that I didn't think it wise to bother with it. I have decided that I will stick with going to Target, Kohl's, Ross, and Children's Place for the kids clothes that they will need for this fall/winter. I would love to save money, but my daughter is already hard to fit and I'm sure that those type of thift stores just won't cut it.
     So, after giving up on thift stores, we ran into the Dollar Tree and got a few $1 Halloween decorations. I found these cute blow up decorations to hang from the RV ceiling. We got a blow up bat, a spider, a jack o latern, and skeleton. I also got a bag of fake spider webbing that included 4 fake spiders. I grabbed a thing of colored construction paper for the kids for school while I was there and a box of privacy envelopes for mailing bills off. My total was only $7. I went by the Starbucks drive thru and got the kids a Frappicino to split and a small pumpkin spice one for me and we went home. The kids finished their schoolwork while I put up the decorations. We even have fake spiderwebs and spiders outside under the gazebo.
     After the hubby went off to work, I finished social studies and art with the kids, washed dishes, folded and put up clothes and then made pumpkin bread for breakfast tomorrow and to warm the RV before bedtime. I'm just waiting on it to cool down so that I can put the loaf pan lid on it.
     I have included pics of the decorations and of the queen size single crochet blanket I am working on for our bed. I only have the first full line completed. It will be a long project. Enjoy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment